Where to find bullet goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been looking for a good natural sand cleaner. I believe one of the moderators swears by bullet gobies (I hope I got that right). Anyway, I have not been able to find them. Do they go by a different name?

I have adiamond Goby. He sifts the sand all day long. He keeps the substrate on a 75gal looking good.

Finatic said:
I have adiamond Goby. He sifts the sand all day long. He keeps the substrate on a 75gal looking good.

do you know if it's ok to keep 2-3 of those diamond gobies?

Bullet Goby is also known as a Banded Sleeper Goby or Sleeper Banded Goby. Look it up either way. I believe they have them on liveaquaria.com and marinecenter.com. A lot more hardy than the Diamond Goby and do as good if not better job of sifting. They're just not as attractive, but unique in their own way.

IMO the best sand cleaners are Nassarius Snails. I have 20 in my 120g and they do an awsome job.

GuOD said:
Finatic said:

do you know if it's ok to keep 2-3 of those diamond gobies?

2 should be okay and even preferable to my 1. I am planning on getting another one prolly this weekend.

Roka. The sleeper banded and bullet gobies that you have listed are the same fish. In the pics the colors are different because the substrates are different colors causing color variants. Notice the spots on the tails of both fish. Also one is Amblygobius phalaena and the other is Amblygobius semicinctus. They are the same fish from two different locals. One is from the Indo-Pacific and the other from the Indian Ocean. They were given two separate names not sure why. Different sites list them under different names marine center has them as a dragon goby, some as banded and others as bullet. They are all the same fish though. http://images.google.com/imgres?img...es?q=Amblygobius+phalaena&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G

Is nobody reading my posts?? Amblygobius Semicinctus and Amblygobius phalaena are the same fish that come from two different regions. I posted a link earlier to a site that talks about the ones from the Indian Ocean having their latin name changed. But they are the same fish.

I'm reading your posts JM! That's why I asked why it looked so much different.

Nobody esp. Me is not arguing with you. I believe you. I probably started this with a misprint. I said in an earlier post that the dragon goby is the same as a diamond goby. I meant as a bullet goby. That was a misprint on my fault. I dont know what I was thinking. I`m thinking what is JM getting upset about and when I go back and check my post out I see. Sorry about the brain hiccup.

Well I guess we confused Kimberly enough. You`ve heard the scoop on them and they are good gobies and excellent sifters. Well worth their money you`ll spend. Wish you the best Kimberly.

Don't forget, a Goby will get lonely if housed alone, but at the same time, they can only have one friend at a time. A pair should do you well.

I agree with finatic. A pair is recommended to keep these little guys from getting lonely.

Back
Top Bottom