Where to find silversides, Nori

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, where can I find them? A LFS had frozen silversides. Would these work for blender mush? Would the little tiny feeder minnows work? The only thing the grocery store has is like cod and salmon. Any suggesstions on where to look for Nori? Off to check the water params. =]

The frozen silversides would work, the feeder minnows, unless SW fish, are not good for your SW critters. I go to a fish market for my mush ingredients, but in a fishing town on the ocean...throw a rock and you'll hit one. I use only fresh ingredients, but if that weren't an option for me, I'd use what I could.

the cod will work wonderfully, the oils and nutrient content are quite high. Use the whole fish....no sense paying exhorbitant prices for silversides when you are going to blenderize it anyway. Also, around here, silversides are hard to come by late winter and early spring. I have been told that they are a seasonal item, taken by the fishermen only during certain times of the year. Other things to toss in the mix would be bay scallops, shrimp, crab, squid etc. Just about anything found at the seafood counter.

Nori can be found in chinese markets and also online at a place called raw health.

Some regular grocery stores have nori too. Our local Giant Eagle has it, as does our lfs.

Back
Top Bottom