Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2004, 12:08 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Hey guys, you're talking to TEENS here. They not only survive, but thrive on potato chips

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:38 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

cmor1701d ... that is as comical as it is true. But on a more serious note ...

Steve, I almost always fed live brine to fish as I introduced them to the tank because this seemed to really boost my odds of getting the rather picky fish to feed while under a little stress. I guess I could look for other live food, but I think this is all my LFS's provide. Do you have any foods in particular that you use when getting a fish acclimated to a tank? (live or frozen)

Old 03-19-2004, 05:58 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Try adding some Garlic Xtreme to the food you usually use. Just a couple of drops should do.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:02 PM   #14
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPERATORFAN
Steve, I almost always fed live brine to fish as I introduced them to the tank because this seemed to really boost my odds of getting the rather picky fish to feed while under a little stress.
With a new fish I would actually suggest feeding them whatever it takes to get them eating. Once accepting the captive environment, they are usually quite easy to wein onto something better. It's just something I would not feed as a regular food sup long term.

Quote:
I guess I could look for other live food, but I think this is all my LFS's provide. Do you have any foods in particular that you use when getting a fish acclimated to a tank? (live or frozen)
As cmor1701d pointed out the garlic works amazingly well to stimulate a feeding response. Just be careful to only use a few drops or you will overload the senses and confuse the fish. Other than fresh caught seafoods, I only feed frozen mysis (Priscine Energetics) when meaty foods are rotated into the feeding schedule.

Cheers
Steve
Old 03-19-2004, 11:44 PM   #15

My 1st saltwater tank all I fed was brine shrimp. Well my fish starved to death on stomachs full of brine. I will never feed the stuff again, yet the newly hatched is great for smaller fish such as chromis. Variety is the best, and brine really isn't worth anything IMHO.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:59 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just fed my buttons cyclop-eeze and I think they ate it cuz they closed part way up when I fed, is that what happens when they eat?
Old 03-20-2004, 02:16 PM   #17
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterTeen
is that what happens when they eat?

Cheers
Steve
Old 03-20-2004, 02:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

ya but for some cheap fun with your tank they are kool to feed to polyps and such , jsut for fun.Not for high protien feeding or something

Tags
brine shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com