Where to get canopy/stand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering where everyone bought there canopy/stand from... I have a 55g. I wasn't looking to spend an extreme amount of money. This is my first tank and I am sure in a year or so I will move to a bigger setup but I wanted something to look nice til then.

well i made mine. are you going to doa full reef. if so then you can save a ton of money by makeing your own. i think the total cost of all thing to make it (not the tool) was only about $60 and then time it took me about 1.5 day to fully make it. and that is not time spent on bowing the wood for the front.

Wal-mart sells a stand and canopy for a 55 gal pretty cheap. Won't be much to look at though. I saw some nice ones at a new Petsmart here the other day. Some stands now look more like furnature :)

well i can tell you it dose not look like crap. the canopy i made was very simple. you dont want it to take away from the inside of the tank. it really dressed up the tank and not looks lik a show tank. will post some pics of before and after tonight

ok so the before is not that good of a pic. but you can see the cls hood and the light comeing out from the top of the tank. nd the after pics are really good i think. they are of the full tank stand and top. hope this shows you what it might/could look like

Back
Top Bottom