Where to get the cheapest Light bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had my compact flourescent coralife 96w bulbs (actinic) (10k) for my 36" Coralife lunar aqualight for almost a year now its about time a change out the bulbs before I add any new corals. The cheapest I could find is Big Als for about 46dollars per bulb not including the shipping grand total about $100 for 2 light bulbs. I keep putting it off because I could upgrade to a better fixture for $450 or so. But I think I will wait another 8months or so before the new fixture. So I need bulbs does anybody know of some secret bulb factory that sells them a bit cheaper.

Try hellolights.com. That's where I buy mine. They often have them on sale if you keep an eye out and you can get them for ten bucks a piece.

As long as the pin shape is the same, I see no reason why it wouldn't work just fine. I really dont' know if it would make a difference with the 50/50 bulbs or not as I have no experience with them. I always buy them seperate. Sorry I can't help with that.

36" T5 4 Bulb Fixture with LED Moonlights- Coralvue - SD-CVT5FIX43 I was looking at this fixture 2 of the CF bulbs for my current fixture are like 90 bucks this T5 fixture is 189 with 4 T5 bulbs it would only be 156watts T5 lighting verses 196W compact flourescent But the T5 bulbs are much cheaper like 15 dollars verses 50 so I could replace more often. Would the lighting amount be similar for my coral consumption. Better or worse??

Having less watts of the T5HO than PC is perfectly fine. The T5HO is much more efficient light. Especially at only a 36watt difference.. so my vote is for better.

Having less watts of the T5HO than PC is perfectly fine. The T5HO is much more efficient light. Especially at only a 36watt difference.. so my vote is for better.
would the vote be good enough for SPS in a 46g or is that pushing it

I would think that 3.4 wpg of T5HO lighting would be fine to keep most SPS. Especially if you keep them in the upper part of the tank close to the lights.

I think you will be better off with the T5s. As has been mentioned they are more efficient and produce more intense light. They should produce enough light for you to keep some SPS as ryshark said, in the upper part of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom