where to place my overflow box?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am trying to see where people think the best place is to position my overflow box. i am not sure if there is any benifit of placing it anywhere specific in the tank. here is a pic of the tank.

img_2319494_0_7d05142d0fa0e8d2a113e65235bb3926.jpg

i am leaning towards the far right side. but i am afraid it may overshadow the corals. it is a aqueon 110 oveflow. it is a clear acrilic overflow box. i will obviously be removing the the HOB filter and the skimmer. the heater will also be going into the sump. i need to decide because i need to pick up the plumbing. so i need to know the angles i will require. also....... it is a 1 1/4" outlet on the overflow. can i reduce that down a bit or will that negatively affect it? restrict flow?

as always.... thanks in advance.

there is no specific spot that is good you are removing the filter put it there. some ppl try and hide it with live rock as well

I have mine to the far right and I use it to put the lower light demanding corals under it.

Looks like if you can make it black then place it in the middle with returns on the outside. That would give you great flow if you have a big enough return pump.

ill be running a rio 2100 at about 3 foot head height. should be putting out about 650 gph. roughly. it is only a 30 gal tank and i am just finishing my 15 gal sump. i will only have 1 output for it.

Back
Top Bottom