Where's my horseshoe crab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently just ordered a horseshoe crab. He was so little and soooo cute! We watched him sift thru the sand for two days and now he's nowhere to be found! I have lots of hermit crabs and other kinds of crabs. Do you think they could have killed him? Kimmer :(

they will stay submerged under the sandbed for days on end..sometimes only coming out after lights out.

what do you do to your hands before poking around in there? Don't you need to be carefull with the soap on your hands or anything? Gloves maybe? Or just stick the hand in there and go for

well your not suposed to soap up your hand. and technicly you are suposed to wear gloves. but just wait awhile and watch for him. if he doesn't pop out. then make sure your hands and arms are clean. If it is a tall tank don't wear any deoderant untill you are done playing in the water. 0X

just pray it doesnt get bigger and start tunneling under your live rock. They are best keep in open areas.

I wouldn't go digging around in the sandbed, no use doing so for an animal that will just disappear again after you find it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom