wheres my wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach119

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have had my saltwater tank going for about 4 months now everything was going great i have a yellowwatchman goby a clown and a cleaner shrimp. i had a sixline wrasse which was my favorite fish but a few days ago i realized i havent seen it in a few days no trace of it i have checked under the rockes and sifter through the sand and no trace. I also looked all around on the floor thinking it might have jumped out, but no it didnt do that either. I got my live rock from lr.com it was keys rock. so there are a few crabs in there that might be unwanted but im not sure if theyre good or not but there is one that is quite big he has a wingspan of at least 3 to 3-1.2 inches. i was told it might be a stone crab and that i might want to get rid of it. is it a possibility that the crab at my wrasse??? also what can i do to get rid of that crab how do i catch him.

thanks in advance
zach

RIP: my favorite sixline wrasse.

Mine used to bury himself in the sand so you could not see him. Also do you have any cats or dogs? If he jumped ship they might have got to him first. Just a suggestion. Sorry about the loss

you need some sort of fish trap
or get a glass cup, longer is better. add some piece or chunk of food in the bottom of the glass, a piece of whole shrimp is good since it wont spread around the tank

place the glass where you beleive the offender is at at a angle so that when the crab crawls in, it will slide down into the cup. since its glass, the crab wont be able to crawl but will be slipping and slidding down. then just pull the trap out.

yes i do have cats so i guess thats a possibility and as for the sand thing wouldnt he have come out after 5 days ? and yes my tank is half open at the top. Thanx for the advice i will try the glass cup thing

Back
Top Bottom