Which clowns most easily host?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a new BTA that's doing well and was wondering which clowns would most likely host his fellow? Thanks.

At least a few clowns are known to host BTA's in aquariums. AFAIK there is not any one that is more likey to pair w/ an anemone. FWIW I had a maroon clown that immediately took to a BTA. I currently have Occ. clowns that host a Sebae primarily(after a few weeks together), but bounce in and out of the BTA's in my tank as well. If the Sebae was not present I think the Occ's would pair w/ the BTA's. HTH and good luck

Probably most will host if they want to but that is no guarantee. I`ve seen many post where they have hosted an anenome and I`ve seen many where it would not. My two clowns totally ignored my BTA and hosted a pagoda cup coral and a bubble coral. Here is a pic of my gold stripe maroon hosting a bubble coral. I got tired of the BTA not being a host that I sold it back to the LFS

Attachments

• 100_0638_205.jpg
    100_0638_205.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 17
I've only ever had Ocellaris clownfish and they hosted anything I put in the tank, I think they'd be a good bet. But as Mike and Mike said, there are a few species and neither are a guarantee.

I have an Oc and Perc that have had no problems finding and living in my BTAs. Be warned however, there is no gaurauntee regardless of what you read or see. They are both creatures with a will of their own!

Back
Top Bottom