Which fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My one tank is 34 gal. It has the flap in the back that opens for the sump and I bought a 4 fan row of computers fans. They go on when the lights go on and off when the lights go off. Works like a charm! I think they were like $25 as opposed to a $400 chiller.

Walgreens fan. Zoomed sells a nice fan that's designed to direct the air over the water and hangs on the side of the sump.

Do you have lids on your tanks? What kind of lights are you running?

No, there are no lids. I'm running one 120 watt LED fixture (unknown brand) that has fans on it and barely produces heat. It's a foot off the water level too so I don't it's a contributor of much heat. I think the main issue is the skimmer pump & return pump.

Computer fans are great

$10 clip on Walmart fan

My one tank is 34 gal. It has the flap in the back that opens for the sump and I bought a 4 fan row of computers fans. They go on when the lights go on and off when the lights go off. Works like a charm! I think they were like $25 as opposed to a $400 chiller.

Walgreens fan. Zoomed sells a nice fan that's designed to direct the air over the water and hangs on the side of the sump.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I decided to go with the Aquatek 4 fan model. Had good reviews and was cheap enough.

the computer fan types are a waste of $, they just do not put out enough volume to cool, I ran 2 x25 with 2x250 mh with a clip on fan and a Ranco temp controller for 5 years

Back
Top Bottom