Which fish do u guys think i should get next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crage34

Aquarium Advice Freak
look at my signature for my tank info...i want my tank to be very colorful with active fish, i dont really want any fish that like to hide alot... here are some fish that im interested in...if u could give me and suggestions or info from your experience with these fish it would be appriciated :) : firefish, royal gramma, dottyback(looks alot like the gramma)

I'm a huge fan of dottybacks but I think you would probably be better going with the royal gramma.

Royal gramma's are great! Mine has his little cave, but is out 90% of the time. He even comes up to the glass when I come in the room now. Cool fish and It won't take any crap from bullies.

grammas are really cool, non-agressive and fun to watch. dottybacks are too, but they are more agressive and can really turn into little terrors, but are still awesome fish in the right tank. if you go dottyback, i would suggest the orchid dottyback (pseudochromis fridmani (sp?)) they are less agressive than the strawberry and other common dottybacks.

since all these fish have similar body shape, be careful about mixing them!

yeah that is what i want...a very colorful and active tank...i love the shape of the b. cardinal fish but it just isnt colorful enough and i cant have many fish in my small tank...if i had a bigger tank i would most def get one

royal gramma is good, you might also want to look at one of the sleeper gobies to turn your sand for you if it's fine enough-- they "eat" it and it's sifted out of their gills.

royal gramma is good, you might also want to look at one of the sleeper gobies to turn your sand for you if it's fine enough-- they "eat" it and it's sifted out of their gills.

I'm for the firefish, stunning colors and fun to watch. However, mine tends to hide in a cave when he gets scared, and they are excellent jumps, so make sure there is some sort of cover on the whole of the top of the tank!

The Dottyback can be an issue with your cleaner shrimp, thats why I passed on one. My most active fish in my tank are my Blue Green Chromis. Not the prettiest fish but its cool how they change color in the lighting. It may be pushing it for a trio in your 30 but you could try one or two. My 2 swim together alot. Always out, Always hungry.

what do u guys think about fire fish? i think they are very cool looking and pretty also...can i get a firefish and a gramma?

Back
Top Bottom