Which heater do You like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,
I wanted to know what ya'll Like for heaters? I suppose Ebo Jager. I have been a firm customer to The Titanium Proheat's.
Unfortunatley yesterday I was doing a water change, and every time I would stick my Python in and start draining, the GFI would kick out as soon as the water hit the faucet. After proscess of elimination, I determined that the heater was causeing it. It doesn't bother me or the crabs as I had my arm in there for two hr's while cleaning.
But I need to change it out and just wondered if there was a more popular brand. The other thing is, Do the algea grow on glass heaters like it did my titanium? and could the algea be the reason it went bad?

Tell me what heater you like. Thanks! :p

my visitherms have given me no problems (except when I removed it from the tank plugged in, let it sit 10 mins, then dropped it back in the tank :shock: )

I ordered ebo jagers for my up-and-coming SW tank. Ebo's happen to have an auto-shutoff feature if they get too hot ;)

Visi therm and Ebo Jager are the best IMO. The Won titanium heaters are so prone to sticking on it is pathetic. This heater has more returns and end user problems than any other product i sell. I have heard the pacific coast titanium heaters are susposed to be better. I run a visi therm on my own tanks.

Darin, You like visa therms, but i didn't see any on your site. LOL hmm. maybe thursday i'll place an order for a ebo. :mrgreen:

I have 3 won pros, a few visitherms, a few made by whisper, and 2 ebo jagers. I've never had a problem with any of them, maybe I'm just lucky?

I recently bought a visi-therm "stealth 100" all black, no glass, and a thermostat to set the temp. It is very accurate! Keeps my tank at 81 and never drops at all. I didn't like not being able to see an on/off light at first, but the built in thermostat is very accurate which really surprised me to be honest. (according to the glass thermometer I use)

MT79 said:
I recently bought a visi-therm "stealth 100" all black, no glass, and a thermostat to set the temp. It is very accurate! Keeps my tank at 81 and never drops at all. I didn't like not being able to see an on/off light at first, but the built in thermostat is very accurate which really surprised me to be honest. (according to the glass thermometer I use)

I have the stealth 250 - so far it's been great. I like that it is a little less conspicuous than the glass models. I have an ebo-jager 200 in my 55gal fw and it has worked flawlesly for over a year. The only other advantage of the ebo is that they are adjustable to 1/2 degrees - not that you need it.

I use Marineland's heaters on my tanks. They seem to be accurate and hold temps steady.

MT79 said:
Glass thermometers can be incredibly inaccurate.. The one I have always shows 2 degrees less than my pinpoint meter. For 2 weeks I thought my temp was at a perfect 27C when all along it was 29C 8O

I will second any concerns about Won Pro's. I use to love them and would recommend nothing else. That is until mine got stuck in the "ON" position. Its is a good thing I check my temp throughout the day or I would have had severe problems...

Ebo Jager are great heaters as are the Visitherms. I thought Ebo Jager was going out of business so I am not sure what kind of support or warranty any new heater will carry. But they are so cheap anyway that I don't think this will be a problem.

I have to put the visitherms on the site yet; they really are nice heaters. I really dislike the Won heaters. Out of every 10 i sell i have to send out 5 replacements because they stick on and overheat peoples tanks. I am probably going to remove them just because there are to many encountered problems on my end. I had one customer who cooked fish he had had for 10 years!

Pro heat titanium heaters(I use 2 on my 125 no problems yet), I also just purchased an ebo jagger. Ive heard there great, but ive also heard some bad things about them. I guess everything has it's pros and cons.

whats the biggest visitherm ya sell darin?? i have a tank in my garage which come winter it gonne get a bit cold in there !! was thinking i might need two 300 watts to keeps temps up ?!?!

i noticed that the ebo's state they have 2 mm glass for shock resistance. is this also true of the visa therms? thanks for all the great responces. :D

When I was deciding between the two (VisiTherm and Ebo-Jager), I decided to go with the Visi because the tube was shorter given the same wattage. Haven't had any problems with it...

Whichever one you go for, spend a little extra and get a heater guard for it. It's well worth the piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom