Which is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edison9114

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
AquaC Remora vs. CPR Cyclone Bak-Pak......

If you sell either, then thank you for being objective and skip this question.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Well I've never used a CPR but the Aqua C is simple by design but very effective. It took mine less than 24hrs to break in and start pulling skimmate. Very impressed with the Aqua C.

I own the aqua c remora. Very pleased with it, no problems or complaints. Pulls a ton of gunk out of the water. Took mine about a week to really start working well, but since then its steadily done the job. Got it from Captivereefs.com. Sorry, no experience with the bak pak.

I use the CPR BakPak II on my 27 and it works great but I would not recommend them to much for larger tanks. I think for a 55 gal you would be better off with the Aqua C.

Cheers
Steve

Here is my un biased opinion on the skimmers. The bak pak does a fine job and is well built. It is also very easy to put your heater in the return side. Its negatives are that the venturi can clog and require monthly cleanings. There is a sponge in the outflow tube that must be removed and cleaned frequently as well.

The remora does a nice job as well and is a well built unit as well.It is a breeze to clean and maintain. Only one hole to clean and this can be done on the tank. Its negatives are that it is hard to see into it for collection cup height settings. It is also more prone to bubble reintroduction than the bak pak.

Each skimmer will handle a 55 gallon tank just fine.

captivereefs said:
Here is my un biased opinion on the skimmers. The bak pak does a fine job and is well built. It is also very easy to put your heater in the return side. Its negatives are that the venturi can clog and require monthly cleanings. There is a sponge in the outflow tube that must be removed and cleaned frequently as well.
quote]

I have a CPR skimmer and that would be my biggest complaint with it... I don't think I would buy another one if I had the choice. It is just a pain to make sure that the tubes from the venturi aren't clogged. I haven't used the aqua c, but thats the replacement I was considering.

Back
Top Bottom