Which is the better Lion Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kohan Bros.

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive been thinking for awhile now and i want a Lion fish i was thinking about getting the Fu Manchu or the Fuzzy Dwarf Lion Fish. I have a 75 gal. tank with live rock. Which would be the best lion fish for me.

Well the fu manchu only gets to be about 4 in. and the fuzzy dwarf gets up to about 7 in. I like the the fuzzy dwarf but that is my opinion. The fuzzy dwarf is also cheaper. Both lions will like the live rock so it is just a matter of which one you like the best. HTH :mrgreen:

Fu manchu lions can be quite difficult to wein over to prepared (dead) foods. Although the Fu manchu is a little more attractive, you'd probabley spend most of your time looking for it. They spend much of their time hiding. The fuzzy dwarf is much more accepting of captive life and will often (not always) swim freely in the tank.

Cheers
Steve

IMO the Fuzzy is the one to get.They tend to reconize youwhen you get close to the tank and are easier to feed by hand and are a little more active in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom