Which Lights????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utradeshow

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 gal SW, I currently have a Coralife 4x65 w/lunar. I have a Rose Bubble tip that doesn't seem too happy, I ordered some polyps and mushrooms and a Bubble Coral from Saltwaterfish.com. I was told you should have about 4 watts per/gal and I currently have 3.4 watts/gal.. Do you think I should go MH and if so how many watts???

I have a RTBA in a 29-gal with 2X65W that's doing fine. My LR is stacked high on one side of the tank & that's where it stays. That would put him about 10" under the lights. Have you tried to feed it? Mine takes small pieces of krill & silverside.

He is on a overhang in the center of the tank about a foot under the lights, but it now went under the overhang and is now under the overhang out of the lights, he can easily go back to the lights, but he doesn't. He eats silversides no problem, he just has tentacles around the edges not in the center... All the water parameters are fine...

It sounds like it's fine. They move to where they want. Somedays my BTAs have bubble tips & some days they don't. I have two that disappear into the rocks every night. They come out every morning. One hasn't moved in over 4 months.

Utradeshow said:
He eats silversides no problem, he just has tentacles around the edges not in the center...

Do you have a pic? BTA's should also have tentacles around the center. When BTA's are starving they will consume itself starting with it's tentacles making them shorter and shorter until they becomes nubs and disappear. I would continue to feed the bta since it's not receiving any light.

Back
Top Bottom