Which tank do you prefer? Bow or Regular? Glass or Acrylic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TygGer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally I like the regular tanks as it looked more "natural" in my eyes. But after seeing a few bow tanks, I find the bow setup to look more glamorous.

So now I'm leaning towards a bow setup as my next tank.

Acrylic looks nice, but is it really worth the extra $$$? And isn't glass the more durable of the two?

Well bow, and acrylic are much more expensive. And acrylic scratches so easily that I would never purchase one. I think the bow front corner tanks are really nice though.

I have been looking at a half cylinder acrylic. I love the fact that the tank is curved from wall to wall. I just have to convince myself $2100 for the tank and stand alone is worth the look.

In UK, no one really buys acrylic tanks, except for the really small ones. I personally think glass looks infinitely better, and although the fancy shapes are cool and everything I'd rather have a standard rectangular aquarium. The longer the better :mrgreen:

I have a 46 gallon bow and I love it. However, looking through the front bowed glass distorts your view. It's usually not a big issue but sometimes I wish I had a flat front when I'm trying to focus in on something.

i went with acrylic. mainly just incase i ever end up having to move it. although the ease of scratching it does worry me.

Back
Top Bottom