Which test kits are you using that work best for you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

929rrchico

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wondering what everyone out there is using to measure diff. aspects of the water...

Through personal and very tedious experience, here is what I found works for me:

pH - Pinpoint PH Monitor which I x-reference using the Hagan pH test kit
Specific Gravity - Pinpoint Salinity Monitor which I x-reference using a refractometer (which I must say, seems to be the most accurate method and cheaper than a pinpoint)
Ammonia - Hagen test kit
Phospate - Hagen test kit
dKH - fastest, but I might change back to the Tetra test kit
Nitrate - Hagen test kit
Nitrtite - Hagen test kit
Calcium - was using Hagen, don't like but seems accurate; however, very hard to read, then tried NatuReef which is way off, and finally tried Salifert which is dead on with Hagen and is much easier to read, so I'm sticking with Salifert

What is everyone else using out there that works best for them, specifically for Calcium....

Thanks.

For everything listed I use Salifert test kits, with the exeption of Salinity, I do not test salinity, I test specific gravity and for that I use a deep 6 hydrometer.

I'm using the Hagen Calcium kit right now and Seachem for everything else (SW). I'm going to order some Salifert kits as I have to replace old ones and try them out.
Logan J

I use a cheap swing arm kit to measure SG. I use seachem kits for everything else I test.

PH - I use a Pnpoint PH and x-ref with Seachem
Ammo - Seachem
Nitri - Seachem
Nitra - Seachem
Salinity - Deep 6 for now... refractometer later
Alk - Seachem

i dont have any good SW kits, just a Deep 6 hydrometer and since I almost live at the LFS i dont want to spen 305402 on some awesome LaMotte kits like I want.

Back
Top Bottom