White band maroon clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it true that maroon clowns are more territorial than normal clowns (true or false)? Ive also read that from maroon clowns, the white banded clown tends to be less territorial vs the gold band?? Any1 know if this is true??

Please share your experience of maroon clowns with me pls (white or gold banded)

I wud say yes they are. I have a male maroon clown. the male doesn't grow as large as the female.the female gets bigger and more aggressive. My male clown isn't that mean he's just cautions when the other tank mates go near his anemone.and my clown doesn't swim much he's always just inches away from the anemone.

I would have to agree. Maroon Clownfish are generally more aggressive than Ocellaris or Percula.

Yes, they are psychotic in comparison. I have percs that are as peaceful as can be in one tank and mental maroons in another, the difference is night and day. I've never seen such agressive fish.

I got two baby yellowstrip maroon clowns. I read you're not supposed to keep them together so i got them as babies. A month later, no problems so far.

Gregcoyote said:
Add tomato clowns to the crazy list. They are damsels after all.

Yes! I saw a huge one the size of your fist at a hotel aquarium, and it was actually chasing a foxface!! Crazy...

I agree on the tomato clowns. My Lfs has on in with a few triggers and everytime I'm there he is always showing them who's boss. It is so funny

When diving, they are among the first to attack you. Them and Sargent Majors. In our reef tank, the maroon clowns (especially the little one) attack mercilessly when adjusting a frag or rock. Everybody else hides.

Back
Top Bottom