White cloudy water? Salinity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just check the salinity of my water and it is a little above 1.025. The Although I have a brown algae problem, I have never seen this before. Could the water be cloudy (white) because of the high salinity, or is there another solution to this problem, thanks in advance for any help..........

The only air bubbles that are present are from the powerhead located at the top of the tank. I did not add any salt into the tank at all. My angle fish has been picking at the skimmer air tube, but there are no bubbles present or can I see anything comming from it. The only recent change that I did was a 7 gallon water change extremyl fast, due to the fact that phos-ban had entered the tank through a strong water current going into the phos-reactor. I called the company and he said that it would not harm fish in the amount that I had. Anyway, the water was like this prior to the mishap. Is there anything else that may be going on?

1.025 is not high. It's the optimal salinity level cuz out there in the ocean, the salinity is 1.025 at most part. So it's not ur salinity that's causing the problem.

What are the other parameters? How long is ur light cycle?

As of right now my water parameters are as follows:

Ammonia = 0, Nitrite = 0, Nitrate = 5, Phosphate = 0, Calcium = 500, DKH = 12, and salinity 1.025-6. My lighting cycle was reacently changed due to the brown algaer problem. I went from about 12 hours a day to about 7 hours a day and started the lighting process later in the day, but the lights go off at the same time. The only supplements I have been adding to the water are micro vert and iodine. Nothing else goes in the tank. Actually I added Amquel plus once, due to the fact that my nitrates started to rise rapidly (then stabilized over the past couple of days). What is going on?

I think some PWC are in line. Maybe about 30%. Also check out a UV for algea spores.

Back
Top Bottom