white fuzz ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crpnteron1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gal.and white fuzz possibly fungus?has appeared for about a month.Advice?

Welcome to AA!

There are a number of "fuzzy white things" that can show up that are perfectly normal, but we'll need a little more information to tell what it is you have. How old is the tank? Can you snap a picture and post it here, if not what size and shape is it?

WELCOME TO AA!!

I agree, if you can get a pic that would help. If I had to guess, if you have a newer tank, it is probably some sort of sponge.

I agree that it probably a sponge but pics would be helpful. Post it on the identification forum.

thanks for the quick reply.I have a 20 gallon with standard tank with 20lbs.of live rock and 20 lbs of sand about 6months old

You can update "my info" with your tank size/equip and critters, that will help in future posts, if you like. I just noticed some sponges forming on my LR, just like that. I had id grow after my tank cycled but my urchins seemed to have munched it.

Back
Top Bottom