White fuzzy things in my sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Probably can't get a picture, but would like to know what these things are. All less than 1/4", but all over the glass and tubing. Got a ChemiPure bag hanging in there, and had RowaPhos from time to time.

Hopefully, it's something normal. They don't move, just sway with the current.

Do they look like little white fuzzy pineapples?

If so they are pineapple sponges and they are good little filter feeders. Their population will wax and wane depending on what's in the water for them to sponge up IME.

I have the same thing in my water column where the predrilled portion of my tank is....and most people have said the same thing as snapcrackler...."the population wil wax and wan..." Well lets just say that there is no "wanning" and a lot of "waxing" in my case!! I have them in my sump and water column.....LOTS of them. And they do look like little pineapples that I think about it!
Just fyi

snapcrackler said:
Do they look like little white fuzzy pineapples?

If so they are pineapple sponges and they are good little filter feeders. Their population will wax and wane depending on what's in the water for them to sponge up IME.

Nice pun.

Back
Top Bottom