Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2014, 11:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

running a 265g tank 10 ft long.... had all the fish in there for a number of years and all healthy with good parameters so they would be able to fight it off I would think..... but again that's if the flame angel actually has ich.

never tried hypo before.... whats involved in setting this up??? what salinity does this have to be?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Slowly lowering the salinity in the QT till the ich cannot live in the water but the fish can. Its a very slow process. Honestly i like to copper treat my fish than hypo b/c by the time the water gets down to where the salinity is low enough to kill the ich, sometimes it takes so long the fish dies b4 it can work. Copper automatically kills ich. After you copper dose i would honestly dip the fish in some separated tank water B4 introducing it back into the display so that no copper can really be on her to go back in your tank, also use seperate nets. Im a precaution freak lol.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol hmmm..... well I do have copper already and have used it before with good results. I just really want to know though with that description ive given does that sounds like ich.... just want to make sure coz the copper would stress the crap out of the fish. the flame would survive, doesn't look like hes affected by the symptoms.

I guess ill keep a close watch on him over the next couple of days and if it progresses then I have my answer....

then if it does then its copper time!!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:32 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

UPDATE!!!

It's ich, came home and my hippo tang has it

Oh well, somehow got to fit 7 large tangs and a few gobies into a 50g QT tank..... should be interesting
Old 02-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

hey all.... big question.... so the 50g QT i have is pretty much my fresh salt water mixing tank. just wanting to know if i put all my fish in there and start copper treating them... once this outbreak is gone in about 6-8weeks how do i clean up the 50g tank so i can re-use it for salt mix again without the copper going back into my DT??

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Any thought on allowing the fish to fight it naturally? I'd think a 50 gal QT would turn bad with that many large fish.

Tags
ich, white, care

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com