Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-03-2003, 08:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Who do you use now that FF Express is no more

Like many others I used FF Express for my online Corals & SW Fish.
I have used Foster & Smith for dry goods with out any problems. But now that they are in the process of buying out the competition, I have found there prices on there live goods are high and previous post here are not favorable to F&S. So who is left that is reputable and not overly priced.
So who do you use now . PLEASE don't anybody recommend Aquacon

75 gal. Reef & 30 gal. Anemone Tanks.

I get paid for what I may have to do, Not for what I do!
EMS503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just had a good experience with www.marinedepotlive.com I got my Emperor Angel for $58 , my Longnose Butterfly for $28, and my Volitan lion for $23. They came very well packaged and in good physical shape.. the lion was a bit small.. but the butterfly and angel were perfect. All three are extememly healthy and very good eaters. I too was saddened by the demise of ffexpress.. in fact.. I had placed this very order a with them a few hours before the "takeover".. and foster and smith "lost" my order.. and then suddenly didn't have the fish I wanted in stock.

Bassoonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
I have used marinedepotlive.com extensively. Also, saltwaterfish.com is pretty good as far as quality of livestock and care of fish. They ship for free on orders over 75.00 but you have to watch the page closely, they sell out of things fast.
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:11 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
F&S's customer service was really good for me. Their fish quality was OK. One thing they didn't tell me is that if your livestock dies within warranty they will replace it only once without charging shipping after that if your fish dies again then you get your credit for the fish but have to pay for shipping again. I'm not sure if this is typical for all others since this was the only place I ordered from. I was happy with the service. Take a chance worst case scenario you will lose your shipping cost if your fish dies 2 times.
skip_16157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 11:35 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
wahts wring with Aquacon?
I've never used them, just want to be aware...
adshuraj777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:00 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
Although I have no personal experience with Aquacon, their track record is terrible. I have read countless bad reviews. I heard they have poor livestock and their customer service is horrible. This is just what I HEARD.
michealprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 01:11 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to rthoman Send a message via MSN to rthoman Send a message via Yahoo to rthoman
I have not ordered livestock online, mostly because of the great store right here in Williamsport, Pa. Check out http://www.saltwaterheaven.com. If anyone knows how to deal with the shipping of fish and coral its Ron. If anyone does order from Ron let me know how it went. If your within driving distance of Pa I would definitely make the trip here, you won't be disappointed.

rthoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com