Who has blasto? Experience needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My blastos are great growers. They don't care if they get a LOT of light or just a little bit. They grow great and mine don't seem to care what kind of flow they get either. They keep ending up in a lot of flow but do well regardless (I just moved them out from in front of the Tunze where it was doing great in an effort to reaquascape a bit). Mine is a bright red with nice bright green centers. Our club has a frag of a darker red with teal centers. I've fragged it 3 times for monthly raffles and still have a nice piece. It doubles in size ever month, so it seems. It started out as about 7 polyps about 4 months ago and is now (after fragging) probably 30 polyps.

I enjoy feeding the blastos in my main while I'm feeding my suns. They eat from the same pot whether it is the chopped krill or the mysis shrimp. Doesn't seem to be necessary because I don't feed the other colony at all.

Good luck with them. They should be easy to keep.

I agree with everyone else about blasto's. They are quickly becoming my favorite coral because they are so hardy and grow FAST! I have had mine for a few months and it has 16 NEW heads already.

One thing to note that you may need to acclimate them to your lighting. We got a nice red and green colony that was placed to high and it started bleaching out pretty quick. It was moved lower and has regained all its color and is growing great. I would imagine it could be moved anywhere now.

Also I target feed mine maybe once every few weeks just for the fun of it. I have heard that they will grow faster being target fed. I really just do it for the fun of giving them a little treat! LOL!

You cant go wrong with these guys!

Back
Top Bottom