Who has blasto? Experience needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
My "coral supplier" called me today. He saves me his best or unusual specimens. He has several unusually bright colored blasto. I told him to hold them until Thursday so I can make sure I want them. Anything I should be aware of with these? requirements etc. Any help would be appreciated.

I have an old pic of mine in my gallery. It is doing great and is very easy to care for. low-moderate flow and moderate to high light and mine gets nice and plump. It has grown a lot since I got it and speads like an encrusting coral.

I didn't know you had blasto lando, of course I had to check out the pic. Sweet. (y)

Thanks! It is one of my favorites. You do not see too many of them and it has a really great texture and appearence. Very easy to care for as well.

Thanks lando. That is the same requirements I had read but there is so much bad info out there I wanted someone to personally confirm. Do you target it or does it just feed from the water column?

I have never target fed mine. Placement is important in regards to other corals. They sould not be placed nest to more aggressive corals like hammers or torch corals. Mine grew a little too close to my hammer and started to recess on one side. I thought that part had died but I moved it and it came back in a few weeks.

Took me a minute to see that you were talking Welsi... I have Merletti and it grows great as well... No special attention really.. Good light and moderate flow...

i just think they are a bit over priced... about a year ago they weren't nearly the price that you see them for today...

But Brenden, when your ready to frag let me know... just stick some LR rubble by them and ill pick it up :)

I agree, I saw a small frag with about 5 polyps of Merletti the other day and they wanted $49. I bought mine with 4 polyps fro $15 2 years ago.. Mines been fragged quite a few times and it is prolly 150 strong now.. what would that be $1000???
:lol: :lol:

Crazy huh? I thought my acan lord was high then I compared it to small frag prices and did not feel to bad.

uhh, how does everyone have this and I have not seen any frags for sale??? I would love some blasto. LFS just want too much and they are rare here. Almost bought a sinlge polyp for $25 but I just could not do it.

You should not have a problem with it :)

Ellis, want me to get some extra blasto and you can pick it up when you pick up the tank? :) He is holding some "extremely" bright red and bright green for me. He also has normal reds, burgundy and reg green.

Those all sound awesome! Get them all. I'll take what you don't want LOL

BTW, what kind of price are you getting? Is it high like most or is it a deal like you got on that tank ;)

I have a blasto also and they are nice corals and like lando says they need there space. My book says that you can feed them but I never have. It has grown but I bet it would be bigger if it fed it.. I have pic in the gallery.. very easy coral and nice looking. mine is not a encrusting it is the other kind.. Dont know the name its more of a branching type..

Seaham, seems to me Blastomoussa Merletti. Same thing I have...

Ellisz, next time I frag, I can send you some...It is a bit cold now for that.. I will wait till prolly March..

Thanks Tim. I know I keep saying I need to do some fragging to get ready for the warmer weather. Just have not done it. Might be able to offer you a trade if I have anything you want. Just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom