Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Cesspool Send a message via MSN to Cesspool
dont know if u can use em or not but home depot sells stud finders, it supposed to use sonar or sumin to find ure studs havent used em so dont really know...

Old 02-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesspool
dont know if u can use em or not but home depot sells stud finders, it supposed to use sonar or sumin to find ure studs havent used em so dont really know...
I was actually thinking of this last night however I should still probably have somebody check it out due to the fact that there is a 63" HDTV and a ton of electronic equipment(amps,dvd payers etc...) right below where the tank is going so if the floor gave way I'd be in BIG trouble

Old 02-24-2004, 12:25 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to mrrrkva
I had my Townhouse built with extra support.

Very unscientific here but how much does your house shake if you jump on it. I had a floor in an apt that didnt hold a 90Gallon. Had to jack it up under the place. but it sounds like if you hit 5 joists, it should be enough! I would be sure though.

The problem isnt as much as IF it will hold it, it probably will, it is if the floor starts saggin and the tank becomes unlevel. This will put undue stress on tank and stand!

http://community.webshots.com/user/catfish6661
mrrrkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Cesspool Send a message via MSN to Cesspool
Quote:
a ton of electronic equipment
hehehe good call, an accident would really suk id get a professional opinion just to be sure. i on the other hand think dat wit 5 support beams is enuf to handle dat amout of weight just becase those old houses usually come with huge cast iron bathtubs that wen full would probly weigh as much as ure tank.
since u seem to have a killa et system under it id definatley get professional opinion for peace of mind if nothin else
Old 02-24-2004, 01:20 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
[quote="Cesspool"]
Quote:

just becase those old houses usually come with huge cast iron bathtubs that wen full would probly weigh as much as ure tank
Lol, we had a huge cast iron/porcelin tub before we remodeled the bathroom, that thing did weight a ton.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com