Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

No one around here even has it in their computer. Anyone that finds it wanna send me a couple or 3 bags. I'll pay shipping.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:20 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Model Number 420100, SKU# 578-819 and UPC Code 0-90604-20100-2
As I recall from research on Southdown last year, Home Depot uses the same sku for all playsand, regardless of manufacturer.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

My local (well if you can call 60 mile locaL) said invail sku and upc not found.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 02-10-2004, 10:48 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Cunch,

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Quote:
Now for my questions, this may have been covered, but some of the bags on the inside appear to have greenish blotches on the insides of the bag, is this mold or algae / seaweed? Should it be scooped out prior to use or just dump the whole bag in?
It is probably a little algae or mold from getting damp, the stuff is usually stored outside or in an are that doesn't offer much climate control. IMO, the SW will kill off anything that might have grown in it, but it wouldn't hurt to scoop it off before you use it, if your concerned. I, personally, would just dump it in

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Mach
Home Depot in Port Chester , NY has about 100 bags of it. Im sure they can ship it to your local HD for you. Call them up and ask them to look in their gardening section. If they look thru their computer system they dont come up with anything. The actual bag no longer says southdown on it. It just has old castle in small print towards the bottom of the bag. It seems noone that works at that home depots knows jack. I ventured on my own, and found it in the gardening section. Tell them its in the corner of the gardening section. Heres the number.
(914)690-9745

HTH,
Anthony
Old 02-10-2004, 02:11 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

These stupid people couldn't find their rears with both hands and a road map. I guess next time I can go to Chattanooga or Knoxville I'll have to search myself. (for the sand not their rears).

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 02-10-2004, 02:24 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

pondmom,
I don’t have any sand info, but I was checking out your gallery and your ponds are gorgeous! I hope you get the sand soon.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:35 PM   #18

I talked to my local Home Depot here in Madison wisconsin..and they carry it seasonal though..only during the spring and summer..that could be a reason why some are having prob. finding it..
Old 02-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to Cunch Send a message via AIM to Cunch Send a message via MSN to Cunch Send a message via Yahoo to Cunch
ReefRunner,

Thanks for the info, I was looking at it today after it thawed out and it looks like algae.... I'l just dump it in..

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:08 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I was looking at it today after it thawed out and it looks like algae.... I'l just dump it in..

Sometimes I have no idea how good I have it, I live in FL and it never would have occurred to me to have to thaw sand out, LOL.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com