Why are aptasias bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Why am i supposed to get rid of them just out of curiousity,cuz i think that they look kinda cool...

They can sting corals and tend to reproduce like...well...like aiptasia. I think they can be pretty too, the problem is you can't keep just one. Within a couple of months it will overtake a tank.

Better off eliminating them and putting in some duncans ;)

Yah i had 1 now like 7 but i figured a peppermint shrimp will keep em from getting too high

Yah i had 1 now like 7 but i figured a peppermint shrimp will keep em from getting too high

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have 3 peppermint shrimp and none of them have shown any inclination to go anywhere near my aiptasia...I end up using aiptasia X every other month or so to make sure I keep the population down.

I have peppermint shrimp that does a great job. Look for the peppermint with the dark eyes and that sway the green eyes ones that sway don't do anything to aiptasia. I have tried everything in one of my tanks but can't put peppermints in there because I have a banded coral shrimp in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom