Why do my corals keep dying??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you using store water? RO water? Tap water? Anyways, yes, do test. I'd also slow down on the buffering of the water. You shouldn't buffer in tank but instead buffer the WC water and then add that in.

Edit: Oh right, you're using Tap. Yes, get it tested for copper. And while you're at it you should probably pick up your own kits. They're not expensive....at least compared to losing another set of corals. Ammo, ph, alk, ca, nitrates and phosphates are pretty standard for SW reefs. Copper, iodine, magnesium, iron and others are pretty optional and rather pricey.

Last edited:
Thank you =]
I work at a pet store (ive been there for five years but we dont sell anything related to saltwater) and am transferring to one with a huge saltwater section so hopefully I will learn more. I will pick up all necessary test kits from my new store. I already have high range pH but obviously need a bunch more... Thank you everyone for all your help!!

Test for anything that could be the problem. Inverts are extremely sensitive to copper and low pH so check for copper now. Dose Kalkwasser extremely slow (look up how to dose, I'm talking adding it at rate of a drop every few seconds)

Back
Top Bottom