Why do my fish hate me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's recently kicked up a bunch of sand into a hole under a rock where a firefish goby was hanging out. It's completely buried. I've seen the firefish once since then, but it's been 3-4 days.

IS IT TOO LATE???????????????????????????????????????????????????

He's recently kicked up a bunch of sand into a hole under a rock where a firefish goby was hanging out. It's completely buried. I've seen the firefish once since then, but it's been 3-4 days.

IS IT TOO LATE???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh man, it looks like your too late. Only thing you can do now is draw a picture of him and put in bold letters "AQUARIUM HIGH PRIEST" pointing to the picture, then tape it to the front of the tank. That will warn the other fish of his divine devotion and they will know to hide from him. Again, so sorry for your loss. :rocol:

when my piranhas were babies and i would feed them feeder fish we would always put our faces close to the tank to watch them eat. as soon as the fish hit the water they would go crazy and start feeding. now that theyre older they hide when i feed them, untill i take exactly 2 steps back from the tank. seriously, exactly 2 steps from being right in their faces, i cant explain it, i think its kinda funny that now theyre bigger they decide to be afraid of me. but its a 2 foot difference for my piranha, try not getting so close to the tank at first

T Dawg, good theory. However, Wii Fit says that my BMI is normal. It also, however says that my g/f is underweight... maybe there's something to it.

that seems so strange. my fish stare at me if i even get up from my chair cuz they think im going to feed them.

Looks like it, though he's really timid and won't stay out for long. Dusty (the cave goby I mentioned earlier) seems to want to chase him around. I scolded him for it, but seeing as how he's driven by forces greater than himself, I doubt he'll stop.

Our fish don't care if it's me, my fiance or friends, they swarm the front of the tank for food.

I do however tend to have a staring contest at least twice a week with our larger BW dragon goby Ryuu. I'll let ya'll know if I win.

Good news, I saw the firefish today.
if the fish are there when you step back two steps it seems like the vibration of walking near the tank could be a factor. i used to have a freshwater tank with huge gold sevrum fish in it and if i walked anywhere near that tank after i turned the lights off they would freak out and create a huge splash... now that i just changed over to a saltwater tank i only have 4 blue damsels. i want to get some green chromis and clown fish once the cycle is finished and i out bio spira in so that shouldnt take long to be ready..it was only cloudy for the first 24 hrs..

I've had 4 bangai cardinals in the tank for a few months now. They would hide behind the rocks pretty much all the time. They would only ever come out when it was feeding time, and even then it wouldn't be for long. In this tank, I'm still stocking it, and a week or so ago I put in three small damsels. They aren't really aggressive at all, and they really only hang out with each other, but ever since I put them in, I see the cardinals out pretty much all the time. Now there's all this activity in the tank (except for when I'm around, of course). Of course the cave goby is pretty aggressive, I can't wait until I put the Sergeant Major Damsel in that tank. He's the biggest and most aggressive fish I have and both of them are stubborn enough that it will be very interesting to watch them. :)

Sarge wouldn't hurt a fly, he just likes to be annoying, and he can swim away from Dusty (cave goby) if things get too rough. They both need put in their place, and it'll be nice for that to happen to one of them.

There is no stress, their fins dont get caught in the net, etc, etc, etc... Not to mention they run from a net, they run TO my hand ;)

I strain my food with RODI water in a net. So when they see the net, they think it's feeding time!! Good trick hey?!

Adam - my Bangaii cardinals are full of personality. When I'm scoping the tank to find hermits, or my seastar, or just having a look around, they always sit right in front of my face - blocking the view!!!!

How trippy do their eyes look when the lights are out - if you haven't looked at them before - do it soon.

T Dawg, good theory. However, Wii Fit says that my BMI is normal. It also, however says that my g/f is underweight... maybe there's something to it.
My house is flimsy, the cat can wiggle the tank. Not implying heavy,just more than her.

Back
Top Bottom