Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks like it, though he's really timid and won't stay out for long. Dusty (the cave goby I mentioned earlier) seems to want to chase him around. I scolded him for it, but seeing as how he's driven by forces greater than himself, I doubt he'll stop.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #52
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Our fish don't care if it's me, my fiance or friends, they swarm the front of the tank for food.

I do however tend to have a staring contest at least twice a week with our larger BW dragon goby Ryuu. I'll let ya'll know if I win.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHorton View Post
Good news, I saw the firefish today.
if the fish are there when you step back two steps it seems like the vibration of walking near the tank could be a factor. i used to have a freshwater tank with huge gold sevrum fish in it and if i walked anywhere near that tank after i turned the lights off they would freak out and create a huge splash... now that i just changed over to a saltwater tank i only have 4 blue damsels. i want to get some green chromis and clown fish once the cycle is finished and i out bio spira in so that shouldnt take long to be ready..it was only cloudy for the first 24 hrs..
Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've had 4 bangai cardinals in the tank for a few months now. They would hide behind the rocks pretty much all the time. They would only ever come out when it was feeding time, and even then it wouldn't be for long. In this tank, I'm still stocking it, and a week or so ago I put in three small damsels. They aren't really aggressive at all, and they really only hang out with each other, but ever since I put them in, I see the cardinals out pretty much all the time. Now there's all this activity in the tank (except for when I'm around, of course). Of course the cave goby is pretty aggressive, I can't wait until I put the Sergeant Major Damsel in that tank. He's the biggest and most aggressive fish I have and both of them are stubborn enough that it will be very interesting to watch them.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Make sure they don't tear eachother to pieces.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sarge wouldn't hurt a fly, he just likes to be annoying, and he can swim away from Dusty (cave goby) if things get too rough. They both need put in their place, and it'll be nice for that to happen to one of them.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to SHARPiE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
There is no stress, their fins dont get caught in the net, etc, etc, etc... Not to mention they run from a net, they run TO my hand
I strain my food with RODI water in a net. So when they see the net, they think it's feeding time!! Good trick hey?!

Adam - my Bangaii cardinals are full of personality. When I'm scoping the tank to find hermits, or my seastar, or just having a look around, they always sit right in front of my face - blocking the view!!!!

How trippy do their eyes look when the lights are out - if you haven't looked at them before - do it soon.

Useful Acronyms
SHARPiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:40 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good to hear you solved their feeding problem Sharpie.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHorton View Post
T Dawg, good theory. However, Wii Fit says that my BMI is normal. It also, however says that my g/f is underweight... maybe there's something to it.
My house is flimsy, the cat can wiggle the tank. Not implying heavy,just more than her.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com