Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson View Post
How do you catch a fish in a tank with a DRY hand?
Dip in your elbow in and let them bite the arm hair?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think I figured something out here: over the past couple of weeks I wasn't really around much due to a family emergency. I would literally stop by once a day just to feed them and they wouldn't see any people at all the rest of the day. I got back last night and they didn't hate me! Maybe it's because they knew if they saw me that they would be getting fed? I wonder how long this will last.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've made a breakthrough that may lead to some interesting conclusions about fish psychology. (I'm being serious)

During the time when my fish hated me, I was living with my girlfriend at the time. Certain fish would change color when they were angry, or act differently, and gradually I noticed this behavior more and more often until it was that way every time I saw them. This applies to fish in both my freshwater and saltwater tanks.

Well I recently found out she was cheating on me and I left her and moved myself and my fish into my house. It's just me and the fish living here and I've noticed that they don't hate me anymore! The color is back to normal, the behavior is a lot better across the board, but more noticeably in the freshwater tank. The freshwater tank happens to be the one that used to be next to her desk, where she (supposedly) spent a lot of time studying.

My conclusion: she must have been brainwashing the fish, trying to convince them (successfully) to hate me. Now that they're free from her corrupt influences, they don't hate me anymore.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Now that she is gone, you can post her pics so we can see how she manipulated your fish.

I recommend that the next time you have a girl over you wrap your tanks in aluminum foil to keep out the evil. Don't forget, shiny side out or the voices will get too loud.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Brilliant. I'm away from home so I'll just link to a facebook picture for right now until I can do better. I think I have it set so anyone can see it, as long as you have a facebook account.

Login | Facebook
Old 01-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yup she looks pure evil. You were seriously dating up.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com