Why does anyone want a light that does lightening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to build a tank like this and yes, the nerd in me loves the effects, especially the rain being the top off.

The rain don't have to be a top off. You can always use the tank water for circulation and at the same time agitate the surface. Then you can have the rain all day long if you want to lol. I would use several strobe lights with random flashing to make it more close to real. I think I will have to make one for my self just for the fun of it lol. With a florescent canopy you can install those plastic tubes.

I saw this tank article a while ago & considered it. You wouldn't want to use salt water because of spray and salt creep but it wouldn't be terrible hard to accomplish with an existing controller & ATO. Some PEX or PVC plumbed into the end of the ATO pump with holes or channels would be enough.

The issue for me is timing. To make it really spectacular, I would've wanted a lot of rain, but my ATO kicks in for a few seconds an hour. I would have to change the program to only run the ATO a few times a day which would alter the stability in order to get the desired downpours. It's not a huge trade off, but one I didn't want to take. My ATO is also concentrated limewater which would have to change.

A nice design and bit of innovation for sure though. If you had a lot of mangroves, a similar scaled down system would be great too.

The salt water will splash regardless of what rain you have. I am sure you don't want to shock your tank inhabitants either with sudden down pour of fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom