Why does my elegant coral look like it's gonna blow up!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mo8cinco

Aquarium Advice Regular
Why does my elegant coral look like it's gonna blow up!!!! It looks like it's inflated with air!!!!! What do I do????!?

This is it hope it helps

Attachments

• image-3599344826.jpg
    image-3599344826.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 373
Mo8cinco said:
This is it hope it helps

It looks okay. Color is good. It is swollen up with air underneath, or is it filled with liquid? They pump themselves up and squeeze themselves out. But never heard of one inflating. Anybody else have any ideas?

I'm thinking it has inflated itself with water. It will probably expel the water after a day or two.

They seem to squeeze out toxins and inflate in cycles. Sometimes they divide right after one of these. I too would like a better explanation as the leather corals seem to also do this.

mine does that all the time usually right before the lights go off for some reason

If any of you get it to live more than 5 months I'd like to hear about it. I haven't heard if any living long in the aquarium.

Elegance, btw :)

Last edited:
im approaching 5 months on mine so unless it catches a cold in next 2-3 weeks i think its gonna be fine lol

maby the water in it heated up and expanded after a long day in the light and it may happen when the coral is splitting, not too sure

Back
Top Bottom