Why does my tank look so empty x(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
why does my tank look so empty guys?? the second picture is what i wanted, I loved that empty space in the middle...it just seems mine falls short. any suggestions? why does my 40 gallon look so puny compared to other 40 gallons? :nono:

Attachments

• 194654_2452349661051_1021293213_32612482_861664435_o(2).jpg
    194654_2452349661051_1021293213_32612482_861664435_o(2).jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 131
  • lrg-628-reef_tank.jpg
    lrg-628-reef_tank.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 425
well it seems they have a lot more anemones and other colorful features

Well first of all, NO 40 gallon tank should EVER have 2 hippo tangs. If the second picture is a 40 gallon that is just wrong. Your tank have no corals and doesnt seem to have much growing on your live rock yet, but that will come eventually

Maybe because the second picture is 200+ gallons? Lol i dont get it, i love the rock scape of your tank! Im hoing to go for somthing like yours. If you want more empty space in the middle, move that island farther to the right a bit. An get some coral!

i think the depth of the other tank is whats throwing you off, also have you thought of trying a backround?

I remember saying the same thing almost 14 yrs ago. Check the "view my tank" link in my sig. I`m trying to find ways to come up with more room.

That second picture isn't a 40 gallon, it just looks so beautiful..
I want to go for the "natural habitat" look compared to a display tank look :fish2:

and those pipes are on the inside :(, diy overflow. I think I will consider getting a background then and hopefully it'll help (its just most people I see on the website don't use backgrounds) and melosu, omg your corals are huge! I can see where you could have a problem :lol:

thank you very much for the suggestions everyone, I guess its just a matter of adding a background and working with what you got. Plus that island on the right is actually home to my watchman goby and shrimp so I didn't wanna cave their homes in...again :ermm:

I think when I get home I'm gonna move the pipes to the right wall, hopefully giving me room to add some more live rock in the back and make something there too

That other tank is probably a lot older than yours remember nothing ever good happens fast in reefing.

Back
Top Bottom