Why im choosing baserock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey all I've deccided to share my opnion as to why im choosing base rock. First hitchhikers. yes you may get good ones but things like spagheti worms and sea spiders creep me out beyond beleife and i want to be able to reach my hand into my tank when nessacary i do like the idea of a bristle worm or two is there any way i could possiably get em from somewhere? Second the risk of introducein parasites etc. Third id like to be able to watch my rock become like and grow coraline algae

With just a 10g, you really only need a few pieces of LR rubble to seed a good 8-9lbs of base rock. It is a good idea to wear gloves when you play around in the tank no matter what you have in there. You don't know what could be hiding under a rock. With aiptasia, I can gurantee you that no matter how hard you try to prevent it, you will more than likely have a problem with is sooner or later.

With just a 10g, you really only need a few pieces of LR rubble to seed a good 8-9lbs of base rock. It is a good idea to wear gloves when you play around in the tank no matter what you have in there. You don't know what could be hiding under a rock. With aiptasia, I can gurantee you that no matter how hard you try to prevent it, you will more than likely have a problem with is sooner or later.

+1

I worked my tail off to try and prevent it. One little one in a hole will make more. There's almost no way to completely prevent aiptasia. Thankfully we can get rid of it, but that's just one of the annoying parts of the hobby. :)

thominil said:

so should i just buy a pound or two of lr rubble lr rubble is cheap so thats good

Flake said:
+1

I worked my tail off to try and prevent it. One little one in a hole will make more. There's almost no way to completely prevent aiptasia. Thankfully we can get rid of it, but that's just one of the annoying parts of the hobby. :)

the only way ikno to get rid of it is to inject with lemon juice is that a good method

DragonFish71 said:
It's aiptasia, not antipasta, that's what the reference to making italian was for :)

ohhh lmao you guys crack me up i thought my speillin was spot on. imm Italian too and i didnt get that better nt let my grandmother know

the only way ikno to get rid of it is to inject with lemon juice is that a good method

Aiptasia X is an excellent product. Much more effective than lemon juice. :)

You could also get lucky and get a peppermint that will help keep the little ones under control.

Back
Top Bottom