Why is my angel attacking my foxface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long have you had them, and who was introduced into the tank first?

Also that is odd, most fish will not mess with a foxface

I had my dwaft angel for 2 month and I just introduced my foxface today and yes this is very odd

The only thing I can think of is that normally you'd add the peaceful fish first then add the more aggressive fish. What I believe happened is that the angel staked claim on the whole tank and now the foxface doesn't have a chance.

Things to try,
Turn lights off move squad scape around.
If you have a sump move angel and rearrange aqua scape.

Worse case you'll have to return one of the fish.

It's not odd at all. Aggression is pretty common in small tanks. No matter what fish we are talking about.
You'll just have to wait it out and see if it subsides. Either that, or remove one.

That said, your tank is a bit small for a foxface rabbit.

Hmmm...I was thinking it was going to be a smaller tank...odds are it is just that the Flameback feels it is their tank and is letting the new guy know. Its actually considered a Pygmy angel, so smaller than dwarfs. Odds are things will settle down when it realizes that it can't mess with the Foxface. They can usually hold their own against more aggressive fish, so it should be okay.

It's not odd at all. Aggression is pretty common in small tanks. No matter what fish we are talking about.
You'll just have to wait it out and see if it subsides. Either that, or remove one.

That said, your tank is a bit small for a foxface rabbit.

Yeah the aggression stopped because when the foxface threw up his spines and I think he stuck the angel. Both of them are ok and the fight stopped

Back
Top Bottom