why is my sand and rocks getting brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knuckles said:
ill make a video a-z about my experiment n would be soon up on utube

This experiment has been done before and it always ends the same way. Many more things going on in a reef tank besides nitrates. Your going to have more problems than you can name. Its only a matter of time really.

Im running this for 3years how long do i have to wait for problems?

There maybe lot of ppl who already tried it but each of them had different way of maintaining the aquarium, using same tools can end up with different results, i dont depend on tools, tools depend on me.

Knuckles said:
There maybe lot of ppl who already tried it but each of them had different way of maintaining the aquarium, using same tools can end up with different results, i dont depend on tools, tools depend on me.

Its not about you or the tools, its about the science. You cant put in and put in and put in things to a tank without taking things out.

Toxins build up, nutrients build up, minerals build up. Everything builds up, and eventually it will reach a point it will come crashing down. An aquarium cannot self maintain long term.

Again time is all it takes. Depends on your bioload and what else your doing. The fact you have 40ppm nitrates says enough. Those nitrates are not going away by themselves. And long term they will stunt growth and stress fish. Id say your already on your way to problems so yeah 3 years sounds about right.

There r many ways to fix that then using gadgets or water change like clams tangs refugium

Knuckles said:
There r many ways to fix that then using gadgets or water change like clams tangs refugium

Clams and tangs? I think not.

And no refugium is going to remove 40ppm nitrates faster than they are being produced. I think your knowledge is a bit flawed.

Phosphates are also high im sure which will lead to more problems and stunted corals growth among other things. Im well aware of what remove nitrates and clams and tangs are not one of them.

Trust me problems can be solved easily, plants, turf algae, tangs, clams and lot more help maintain it, problems happen even if i had all shiny gadgets, and am gonna fix, ill keep u updated for how long u want

And phosphates think i already mentioned previously that am using phosban and it always been 0

Yes clams do little job in purifying and tangs find poop delicious which help

Knuckles said:
Trust me problems can be solved easily, plants, turf algae, tangs, clams and lot more help maintain it, problems happen even if i had all shiny gadgets, and am gonna fix, ill keep u updated for how long u want

Sorry mate but i think your learning the hard way. Also noticed a thread you posted today stating your fish have ich. Well number one cause of disease is stress. Number one cause of stress is toxins (ie nitrate among many others.) Your fighting a losing battle, you need waterchanges not gadgets.

And do i consider a three year old tank with a nitrate and an ich problem the definition of success? No.

Dude I'm not challenging you, my challenge is between me myself and the market, I'm not telling u how good i am cause i suck, you can easily wish me good luck and ask me to update u , depressing me wont help ? dont worry am cool

Dude ich was not caused by tank or water or nitrates , ich was introduced by adding new hammer i purchased recently

If u were anxpert u wouldnt ask about brown algae on your surface nor ull say that ich was created in tank cause it always comes from out, and i will show you who will win me or this bloody ich

Knuckles said:
Dude I'm not challenging you, my challenge is between me myself and the market, I'm not telling u how good i am cause i suck, you can easily wish me good luck and ask me to update u , depressing me wont help dde01 dont worry am cool

Dude im sorry im not trying to depress you or hurt feelings im just trying to help and save you a lot of money and frustration. Its fine to go against the market but water changes are necessary, its not optional if you wanna be successful. Sorry im not gonna wish you luck at killing your tank. I do wish to help your tank succeed and that is it. No water changes will not accomplish that.

These are animals, i dont take it lightly. Every death makes the hobby look worse and worse. And i try everything i can to help people keep their livestock exactly that, alive.

I hope you reverse your course but im going to leave it at that.

Knuckles said:
If u were anxpert u wouldnt ask about brown algae on your surface nor ull say that ich was created in tank cause it always comes from out, and i will show you who will win me or this bloody ich

I did not make this thread. And i never said ich was created in tank.

Knuckles said:
Okay ill take your advice and change water every 3 years dde01

Sorry but a water change every three years is not gonna do much for the problems that exist. Your obviously set in your ways, not sure why you are against water changes.

Hopefully the OP got some answers to his question. This thread has turned to going nowhere quick.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom