Why is she doing this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
My clown has been trying to pull pieces of rock either into or on top of her nem. I found a small piece that was clear across the other side of the tank on the nem a couple days ago. I'm having to move rubble away everyday. She even tried to pull my brain coral over to it.... What's her plan??!!

she's redecorating my clown does this to me every time I add something new it's like a game now I put it where I don't want it and he puts it in a place I like :D
it's there personality

she's redecorating my clown does this to me every time I add something new it's like a game now I put it where I don't want it and he puts it in a place I like :D
it's there personality

That's interesting!!! Little bugger hates my scape I guess lol! I had to move my brain onto the other side of the tank cuz she wouldn't leave it alone & kept pulling on it & it wouldn't open up :/ it's funny because its like half my tank is reef & half is FOWLR cuz I had to move everything to one side so she would leave them alone lol!

I'll hold a live mysiss shrimp by its tail and play tug of war with my clown too
lol
they are just fun fish

I'll hold a live mysiss shrimp by its tail and play tug of war with my clown too
lol
they are just fun fish

I love to watch mine feed her nem! She is so good to it :) Clowns are great fish! She is rather hard on the other small one :( hope they work it out soon, it's sad watching her beat on the other one :/ what kind of clowns do you have? And where do I buy live mysis? My fish would love that!

I have a clarkie

live aquara sells them
so does R2G
ask john at reef cleaners he got me some but they didn't make it post office dropped box popping bag wasn't john's fault at all

I have a clarkie

live aquara sells them
so does R2G
ask john at reef cleaners he got me some but they didn't make it post office dropped box popping bag wasn't john's fault at all

Oh, that sucks! Ill look into it tho! I have Clarkii's too :) I didn't want to go with Ocelleris, I felt like everyone has them & wanted a different look, I'm so glad I went with those ones :) mine really don't like each other too much tho :( they never swim together. Here is my big one in her Anemone.

Attachments

• image-3179813339.jpg
    image-3179813339.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 117
My clarki's won't swim together either :/ but the clown divorce rate is rather high in the clown world.

My clarki's won't swim together either :/ but the clown divorce rate is rather high in the clown world.

Lol! Well I recently got my tiny clown his own Nem & he is very happy about it :) so even tho they are divorced he still has something to be happy about I guess lol :D wonder if I could add a 3rd clown without ruining my existing clowns lives haha!

Lol! Well I recently got my tiny clown his own Nem & he is very happy about it :) so even tho they are divorced he still has something to be happy about I guess lol :D wonder if I could add a 3rd clown without ruining my existing clowns lives haha!

It's possible but I'd add two of the same breed you already have and make sure they are smaller than your exsiting pair to ensure that they are male.

It's possible but I'd add two of the same breed you already have and make sure they are smaller than your exsiting pair to ensure that they are male.

Thanks! Yea I would def get another Clarkii, they are my favorite! Is a 75g enough room for 4 clowns?

Yea a 75 should be big enough with caution. Just watch them closely while territories are being established.

Yea a 75 should be big enough with caution. Just watch them closely while territories are being established.

Ok, I do have my 150g predator build going up here in the next couple months so I can move a pair out if it gets rough, thanks for the help! Really wanted to do black clowns in tht tank, could I possibly do 1 pair Clarkii & 1 pair Black in a 5ftx2ftx2ft tank?

Ok, I do have my 150g predator build going up here in the next couple months so I can move a pair out if it gets rough, thanks for the help! Really wanted to do black clowns in tht tank, could I possibly do 1 pair Clarkii & 1 pair Black in a 5ftx2ftx2ft tank?

They should be ok if introduced all four at one time as clarkii are more aggressive than the black ocellaris but 125 and a few nems on both sides should be fine

Back
Top Bottom