Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Quote:
Quarryshark: adjust what, the skimmer? I have a remora, do you mean I should twist the screw? Does that increase spray pressure?
Not sure how yours adjusts, never had that model.
Might want to start another thread with that question.
Quote:
I feed mysis and formula one (switching everyother day or so) about once a day
How much per session?

Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to SeriousDude5
Need to wait till the stuff in your tank is 0ppm I had the same problem I did 5 20g water changed and before I knew it no more cyano.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I dont feed a lot. Since my only eater of those frozen foods is my tomato clown (the blenny grazes on algae and the manderin eats his pods) I only throw in a quarter cube of the frozen stuff at a time. he doesnt always eat it all but I do have hermits and stuff. as for the anemone, it gets a silverside, or other meaty treat 3 times per week.
I dont know whether the test runs free or total PO4, but unless its a bunk test kit due to storing, packing or something else that could cuse it to go bad i would trust it because its from salifert
Old 01-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

What type of lighting do you have? How long do you run them every day? Is your tank next to a window or does it have direct sunlight on any part of it during the day?
Old 01-06-2005, 03:13 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I run 150W hqi MH, 2 x 65 Watt PC actinics. Actinics are 12 hrs per day and the MH is 10 hrs. Not next to a window, though sunlight may hit it a little.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your lighting schedule is not extreme. For the time being you may want to try cutting back on the lighting to see what happens. Maybe try actinics for 10 hrs and MH for 8. Cut way back on feedings and see if that helps. Try to feeding every two or even three days. Your fish will be just fine fi they are not fed every day.

Tags
algae

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com