Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hello, I went to my local lfs and my mom bought me a pair of black and white clownfish and I insisted that she didn't buy them because they were 120.00 for the pair!!! She really wanted to buy them for me so she did.. I feel really bad that she spent that much on the young pair of clowns.. they seem to be young and have a little Orange on there face.. My lfs manager said something about them coming from the Bahamas? they are doing great in my 29 gallon reef biocube.. why were they so much? ):

Old 09-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Maybe because of your location? Or it could just be a really high mark up. Prices vary everywhere. SW tanks are defiantly a hobby for those that are willing to do their research- that includes pricing! Btw- I wish my mom would still buy me fish. Lol :P

Old 09-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I do my research but not so much on pricing lol we got them then because I bought quite a bit of coral and liverock so I was aranging the tank differently and decided to add them then so that the fish in my tank won't be as aggresive to new comers because loss of teritory .. thanks for the input.. anyone else?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
My best guess really is just mark up. I've seen most of them at different stores in the 100-110$ price range for the pair. So the price really isn't that bad. It's usually always about shipping costs to te store and the seller trying to recoup those setbacks.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Were they from ORA?? That would probably put them up there in price, let's see some pics of you nano! I'm helping a friend setup his we would love some new ideas. http://www.orafarm.com/clownfish.html

Tags
clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com