why were my black and white clownfish so expensive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I went to my local lfs and my mom bought me a pair of black and white clownfish and I insisted that she didn't buy them because they were 120.00 for the pair!!! She really wanted to buy them for me so she did.. I feel really bad that she spent that much on the young pair of clowns.. they seem to be young and have a little Orange on there face.. My lfs manager said something about them coming from the Bahamas? they are doing great in my 29 gallon reef biocube.. why were they so much? ):

Maybe because of your location? Or it could just be a really high mark up. Prices vary everywhere. SW tanks are defiantly a hobby for those that are willing to do their research- that includes pricing! Btw- I wish my mom would still buy me fish. Lol :p

I do my research but not so much on pricing lol we got them then because I bought quite a bit of coral and liverock so I was aranging the tank differently and decided to add them then so that the fish in my tank won't be as aggresive to new comers because loss of teritory .. thanks for the input.. anyone else?

My best guess really is just mark up. I've seen most of them at different stores in the 100-110$ price range for the pair. So the price really isn't that bad. It's usually always about shipping costs to te store and the seller trying to recoup those setbacks.

Back
Top Bottom