Wierd Coraline Algae Help.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone ever have their Coraline Algae turn green? Whatever this is, it's putting a dent in my purple Coraline and taking over the rocks. It's hard so I know its not slime algae or hair algae...:ermm:

Attachments

• IMG202.jpg
    IMG202.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 143
Green is just one of the many colors of coralline. It doesn't turn green, it is green. Most of us are used to seeing the purple & pink, but there is also green, yellow, orange, blue, red.......

Green is just one of the many colors of coralline. It doesn't turn green, it is green. Most of us are used to seeing the purple & pink, but there is also green, yellow, orange, blue, red.......

Hmm my LFS told me its bad calcerous algae growing and killing the Purp coraline algae

I also have green and purple coralline , looks cool I think . Eventually the purple takes over the Rock in my case , I only see the green in the start .

Looks to me like it's the color of the rock underneath... Maybe something is eating the coralline? My sea urchin has made 75% of the coralline on my rocks go bye bye 8-(

Looks to me like it's the color of the rock underneath... Maybe something is eating the coralline? My sea urchin has made 75% of the coralline on my rocks go bye bye 8-(

No urchins in the tank. Just 2 clowns and some hermits.

I also have green and purple coralline , looks cool I think . Eventually the purple takes over the Rock in my case , I only see the green in the start .

Hmm this didn't start until I started using Purple Up additive.

If you're using reef salt and watching your levels, purple up is a waste. It's just concentrated ca and mg.

Back
Top Bottom