Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Dunno if I'd call it that. It's got lots of corilamorphs and few other "things" which have just grown. Here's a link to my old post on that. That picture only has four of them clumped together, but now I have around twelve of them, and they just don't stop growing (I do target feed them with various foods all the time).

Other than that, there's nothing else in there except fish and a hermit crab.

Why's that?

flanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #12
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I just did not want to suggest a fish that might munch your corals if you had any.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry, here's the link...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=68658
Old 09-27-2006, 09:47 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Feron Send a message via Yahoo to Feron
Been my experience with tangs (and I have & have had a few now) that not only is a proper acclimation necessary (highly advise a drip acclimation no matter the tang) but immediatly provide a fresh algae if possible, or else zoe soaked strips.

Tangs are sensitive to everything from the wrong look to the weakest of parasites.. I almost think they get 'sick' just because they know it'll get you to give them attention.

Highly recommend if you want to go with a regal or naso-esque etc etc to check out a 'product' called Tang Heaven from ipsf.com.
Basically the natural food for them, and if you have the dollars and space you can prop your own and feed them in doses.

Much better, imho, then sheet algae or your average lfs calurpa.

2 cents, take as ya will n good luck
Old 09-27-2006, 09:56 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
A regal tang has no business being in a tank that small. They require swimming room. They get a foot long, that means it will be able to swish its fins about twice before running out of swimming room. There are many other fish out there that would be more appropriate. Seeing as ich is brought on by stress and you would be stuffing it into a small tank, that qualifies as stress and you can be assured, you will get ich.

As far as other people having them in tanks that small, I only have this to say, you can choose to do the right thing and be a conscientious fishkeeper, or choose to do the wrong thing for the sake of personal desire. Ultimately, you make your own choices. We can only point out what is best for the fish...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hara I basically agree with you. It's my ultimate goal to be involved in reef conservation after my current career has expired (or bored me) in 10-15 years.

What about some suggestions of other smaller fish? I like anthias and other dwarf angels, though I'm suspect on adding say a bi-color angel with my coral beauty. I'd really like a flame angel but everything I've ready says its a no go with coral beauty angels (or other dwarf angels really).

Here's what I'd "like" to put in (not all of them, just here's what I like overall), conditional it's "appropriate":

- fire gobies (2x)
- red blenny (see my gallery for the other one that was killed by mantis)
- yellow tang
- annularis angel
- square box anthia
- bannerfish
- golden faced sleeper goby
- dragon wrasse
- rainbow wrasse
Old 09-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Feron Send a message via Yahoo to Feron
I do know anthias require a fiar amount of room as well... especially since they 'should be kept in schools' (depends on who you confer with I suppose), and types can be very territorial according to books.

Dwarf angels don't mix in a 'small' tank, they need lots of room and even then might still seak each other out for territorial matches.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

regal tang

when i got my regal tang at the store, it didnt have ich.
but when i got him( i think its a male) home after i acclimated him and released in the tank he almost entirely lost his color. Then the next day he regained his color but had white spots which when away but came back from time to time. now he is fine no more spots i think they just get easily stressed
Old 09-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

That looks like a beautiful list of fish for a 240-300 gallon aquarium.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, but notice that I said I don't want them all.. of coarse not.. I just like these fish in general and would be looking to choose one from that list.

Tags
blue tang, tan, tang, whitespot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com