Will Frozen foods go bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey gang,

I have Formula one and Formula two frozen foods which I use alternatly in my tank. Because I don't have many mouths to feed, not much food is being used very quickly. at this rate, I will not need to buy any more food till 2006!

Will it go bad soon? I keep it frozen of course, but I have had it for a number of months now and I don't want to feed my babies rancid food.

thanks!
-Matt

Doesn't have an expiration date on it?
I would be inclined to think as along as it is kept frozen, you would be OK for a year or so. Freezer burn may be a bigger problem.

I had to throw away some frozen krill because it was getting freezer burned. I guess next time I'll have to get the smaller package even though it cost more per oz.

Last night I was too scared to go downstairs and put my frozen brineshrimp back in the freezer after feeding so I left it and this morning it smelled really bad so I threw it away.

BTW, my house is kind of creepy, and I don't like venturing through it at night when there is no one on the same floor.

Rocket - As with all frozen foods, as long as it's keep frozen and never defrosted, it should last until the expiration date. Never re-freeze the food as it will go bad in your freezer.

Back
Top Bottom