Will Mushrooms do OK in my Nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i have a non tank that is currently Just empty because I havent had the time with my new job to get it going. However I just got it approved to have it at my desk at work. Its a "4g" but acctually more like 2.5g in water volume. I dont plan to have any fish in it unless maybe I got a Hi Fin gobie and Pistol shrimp. I currently have a nice LED fixture on it because I was originally going to do a SPS nano but water matinence NTY. So I am going to go with a less demanding Mushroom coral. My concern is my light being to strong? This is the bulb

What do you guys think? I just dont know whats the best coral to do in the tank thats easy and will be pretty.

Did you get the clamp for the fixture? Boostled sells them.

Just have it 6 to 12" from the water line and your be fine. I had a Par38 it's not a over kill type of light. Another member here has a Par38 over your Fluval chi and its doing great.

My friend has a Rapid led par38 and the par meter at like 20" below it underwater still reads around 250...

Did you get the clamp for the fixture? Boostled sells them.

Just have it 6 to 12" from the water line and your be fine. I had a Par38 it's not a over kill type of light. Another member here has a Par38 over your Fluval chi and its doing great.

It's about 6" above the water level. I know they sell dimmers that I can plug the fixture into and dim the light down. I just don't know if thats bad for the led.

Honestly I think you'll be fine. My friend runs 2 on a 10 gallon. Everything is fine. If your concerned place all the mushrooms on the bottom all different colors. Add some ricordias etc up higher.

Back
Top Bottom