Will my Algae Blennie be compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karlseith

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 75g reef with 3-4in DSB, several small soft coral plugs, 3 turbos, 2 condi anemones, 1 clarkii clown, 1 fiji damsel, and an algae blenny. I want to add maybe a Yellowhead jawfish or a mandarin goby but have read that Blennies are very aggressive towards fish with the same body structure. However I have seen pics of these fish together apparently doing fine. Would it be a mistake to add one or more of these guys to my tank??

I have a bicolor blenny with a yellow watchman goby together in a 12 gallon without incident. the bicolor sleeps in a hole on top of the rock the watchman sleeps under. it's a beautiful and peaceful relationship. I also have an algea blenny in my 55 gallon with a royal dottyback and yellowhead jawfish, all have the same kind of bosy shape and all are living in harmony. So i doubt you'll have any problems at all, especially in a 75g reef tank. of course my situation may be the exception..

Cool, Thanks for the reply. That pretty much settles it for me. I guess the last question is about my substrate. I have about 3-4inches of 1/2 very fine sand and 1/2 crushed coral. Will this be ok for a yellow headed jawfish for burrowing? I worry it will be too soft.

Back
Top Bottom