Will my carpet anenome eat my clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now... Maybe I can turn my sump/fuge into the qt tank but I'm worried about my 2 Ritteris and leather coral.

I could use my old wet dry filter for the main tank but can't fit my protein skimmer or phosban reactor in there. My sump is 20g. I need to treat my yellow tang, flame angel, and engineer goby and figure out what to do with all my live rock and what not

Cody, try wiggling the food over that nem and see if that won't cause a feeding response,

Tried. Doesnt work. Ugh. But now I've got ich to deal with too and don't feel like making a new thread. I'm so stressed out because idk how I am going to do this!

Carpets dont eat clowns. I have never heard of a carpet eating a clown, clowns are immune to the sting of carpet or most anemones for that matter. They will eat any other fish that comes in contact with it. I have a carpet Anemone that my clowns live in, in fact i have had a couple of carpet anemones and they have never harmes any of my clown fish. Ur clownfish should host that carpet anemone. I would not get rid of it.

That may be your experience, and its good yours hasn't. I don't keep anemones so I couldn't say, but I have heard several people on here with horror stories.

Maybe horror stories of them eating other fish, but then again that is not the anemones fault, it is the fishes fault for getting to close to the anemone

No, not other fish, there are people on here who have lost their clowns to carpet anemones. As I said, everyone has different experiences and I am glad your carpet is a model citizen, but the people on here blowing the whistle are doing so from their own experiment. If he chooses to keep the carpet, no one is saying it will definitely eat his clowns, but it may.

I got rid of it. It almost ate my tang and I was like. BYEBYE CARPET. even though it was a beautiful electric green.

Well, its better safe then sorry. Just make sure you always research before you buy.

Often the case, I bought an Orange knobby star about a year ago with no idea what they were. He was supposedly safe and a good algae eater. Found out the hard way he is quite carnivorous and will prey upon snails and other smaller members of my CUC. I kept him anyways, hermits are cheap and its fun to watch. Lol

Wow. Yeah they are pretty cheap. My petco sells them for 99cents. I also got emerald crabs for 99 cents

Back
Top Bottom