Will my carpet anenome eat my clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a pretty good size carpet. Its inside my 75g. Is it true they eat your clowns too?

But it was such a great deal too, 30 bucks for it, it's about 7-8 inches across.

PrettyFishies said:
I have four clowns and will never take that chance! Those things are so unpredictable.

Yeap they are... My carpet ate my three old tang n one of my damsels .. ;(

Bud, I did the SAME thing....bought it because of the looks(prettiest anemone in my opinion) and also because its not expensive. It ate in the first night 2 of my clowns, and a couple of days later, the last 2 and a small blue hippo....I took it back to the store, and should have done it sooner...maybe I would still have my fish!

I had to scare my yellow tang away from it just now. It started to look at the food on the nem

Another thing is my bubble tip will not stick to it's food. AT ALL, any idea why? I've had it for a month now and it has also split when I first got it

i read this title and i had to chime in, i know clowns are a type of fish but if you were not in thise hobby, and saw the title, what would you think?!

im laughing a good deal:D

Get that killer out of there!

They won't take it back or won't give credit?

Unbelievable how shady so many LFS' can be. Carpets are killers and they didn't warn you. I'd be PO, but you must do research before adding anything. We know it can be hard when in the store and the desire hits you, but my strategy is that if I see something I like that I don't know, I will step back and get on my phone and look it up. I NEVER trust anyone in the LFS's i go to.

Enough about that. You need to get it out ASAP. You have a quarantine tank?

cody, go to a book store and get one book on reef fishes and one on inverts and anemones. even with the internet I carry those books in my car because it is so easy to give in to temptations at a LFS. most of the people at them never saw a fish untill they got hired there.

Ok but no one has ever answered my post about my other nems not sticking to food and stuff

Krill, silversides. Just doesn't stick at all. My perimeters are as fallowed. Nitrate, 0.0-5.0 ( couldn't tell) carbon hardness 196.9. Phosphate 0.0. Calcium 440. Specific gravity 1.024

Back
Top Bottom