Will my yellow tang ever get over the new blonde naso?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

launch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As some of you know i set up my 220 about a week ago. from my 125 came a 4.5-5" yellow tang, 3-3.5in blue hippo, some pjs, royal gramma, firefish, and a few other small guys. i was rearranging the rockwork the other day and realized i've always wanted a blonde naso so if i were to add one now would be the time (with the rock being freshly changed). when i finished i ran to the lfs and 2 hrs later the naso was in the tank. i picked out a 7-8" male (the biggest one they had) thinking that would be the best bet against the yellow.

at first they seemed ok, the yellow showed him how big he was for a couple hours but was never really super agressive. but now, a day and a half later, he's still bumping him and stuff, and every once in a while swipes him with his tail. and of course the blonde just swims around and ignores him the best he can. the blonde is looking good, i dont see any major damage, and he got a lot of his color back but i know he's got to be annoyed.

so my question is...will the yellow tang ever get over the new addition or do i need to trade him for a 3.5 incher?

Thanks.

Mine got over it after a few weeks. I add a scopas tang to my tank and the yellow really fought at first. When ever I saw aggression I turned off the lights for awhile. Now they are best of buds. Been so for two yrs now. Yellow tangs do have a attitude sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom